Business start-up & support
Setting up your own business is no easy task and the financial aspects are a burden to many people.
We have set out below some of the most common questions that you are likely to have when considering how best to form your business and set-up the financial procedures.
- What entity best suits our business; sole trader, partnership or limited company?
- How are the entities set up; in particular, limited companies?
- How is the business registered with the Inland Revenue?
- How do we take our remuneration from the business and what is the most tax efficient way?
- When do we pay tax and at what rates?
- What year-end should we choose?
- Do we need to register for VAT and if so what schemes are available, how does the VAT accounting system work?
- What accountancy software should I use?
If you would like us to help you with setting up your business, we will arrange an initial discussion with you, free of charge, to outline what is required, the options available and how to tailor these to meet your individual business requirements.
We will provide you with a fixed fee quotation for dealing with all registration matters, set-up of accountancy systems and preparation of budgets and cash-flow forecasts, if required.
We can also help you to set up internal control systems and procedures to help secure the assets and the efficient running of the business.
Alison Aylmer-Kelly has practical experience of managing small businesses and can help you maintain and monitor budgets and cash-flow forecasts, provide strategic advice as the business grows and help you to establish a good working relationship with your bank.
To arrange an initial consultation, please contact us today.